Creamy Mustard Sauce
This versatile sauce is brilliant over chicken, pork chops, ham, steamed cauliflower and leeks. Any leftover makes a great toasted sandwich, just add a little ham and cheese.
¼ cup flour
½ cup dry white wine
1 bay leaf
1 cup stock (vegetable or chicken)
½ cup cream
2-3 tbsp Peplers’ Mustard
In a small saucepan heat the wine and bay leaf and simmer until the wine reduces by half.
Take off the heat, remove the bay leaf and add the stock, cream and mustard.
In another pot melt the butter. Stir in the flour, cooking for 2-3 minutes before slowly adding in the wine / stock mix. Stir continually until the sauce is thick.
Peplers Fine Foods New Zealand. This video clip was commissioned by the Waikato District Council to showcase some of the businesses in the area – it’s a wee peek into our business and how we do things.
Make an easy guacamole by mashing an avocado, 1 dessertspoon of Red Pepper Jelly / Chilli Jam and some diced red onion or spring onion. Add some sour cream or yoghurt for a creamier dip.
Make your own Chilli Philly by taking a pot of cream cheese and place in a dip bowl. Spoon over Red Pepper Jelly / Chilli Jam. Serve with vegetable sticks, crackers or bagel crisps.
All sorts of things. They are a combination of oil, vinegar and spices so vinaigrettes are one of the most versatile condiments you will have in your kitchen. Use them wherever you need a burst of flavour.
– As a dressing for all types of salads, including Potato Salads, Bean Salads, and cold Roast Vege Salads.
– They add life to winter salads – especially with Haloumi Cheese and a few Pine Nuts
– Drizzle over steamed vegetables – quicker than making a cheese sauce
– Splash through a Stir-Fry
– A marinade for meat
– Use to poach fish
– A baste for fish and chicken prior to smoking
– Splash in an oven bag with a roast chicken
– Fill the hollow of an avocado and enjoy
– Flavour boost for gravy
Store it in a cool accessible place in your pantry and you will enjoy these unique flavours.
Quality Handmade Fine Foods - New Zealand DismissUA-55546929-1